Tuesday, April 17, 2007

APP Interop Final Score

The APP Interop event was a lot of fun.  Thanks everybody!  I saw a bunch of people who I've only talked to via email.  And a few I haven't seen in a long time... perhaps since the original Atom kick-off at Google many years ago. 

The final score for AOL Journals is 1-1.  If you want to continue testing against our production endpoint, feel free to update the matrix:

service document: https://journals.aol.com/atomprotocol/service.xml
user: atomprotocol
password: password

I also got a chance to play with EC2 (thanks to M. David Peterson) in an attempt to get our latest server available for testing against.  It was tremendous fun to play with EC2 and I'd love to try using it for a real scalable application.  I did eventually get a server up long enough to verify our current bug fixes, but I didn't have time to fix the date bug that James Snell found. 

I've now found 3 bugs in our date parsing code; it seems to be the most fragile part of the parsing by far.  I'd love to see what test cases other people have for dates.  So far I know I need to add both UTC and various timezones, and now I know we need to round fractional seconds.  (Does anybody but James send fractional seconds?)


No comments: